capability developmentDo more for less and consistently deliver high quality projects to time and budget with greater benefits
Greyfly delivers a transformation approach to improving the success of programmes and projects.
the past informs the future
The Greyfly transformation approach usually begins with a Discovery phase. Combined knowledge of the history of major programmes and an understanding of the existing project environment will enable improved problem and opportunity definition and inform the approach to capability improvement.
During discovery Greyfly aims to:
- Assess the existing projects’ environment capability [processes, systems, data, people]
- Agree Problems & Opportunities
- Document Target Capability and areas of Process Requirements
- Approve Comparisons and Measures
- Recommend a benefits-driven Transformation approach
- Agree method to mobilise initial Transition
The Greyfly team review the maturity of the current projects/programmes environment to examine:
- The clarity of the “why?” / benefits case
- Business Requirements
We analyse and identify gaps and opportunities by further review of existing PM process, systems and people to propose a Capability Development Transformation Roadmap. For a fuller picture we would also consider a desktop-based thematic Legacy Programme Review. The roadmap has the added value of highlighting the opportunities for automation including AI and machine learning.
To increase the likelihood of project success takes time and requires a mixture of enhanced internal delivery capability, sprinkled with expert external advice and guidance based on comprehensive knowledge, detailed research and innovative use of technology. Potential benefit areas are:
- Accelerated and improved PM Decision Making
- Greater realism in project/programme timelines
- Improved consistency of approach and application
- Reduced analysis and administration enabling improved PM and Team productivity
- Enhanced sponsorship and delivery team skills
- Less change resulting from inappropriate Customer requirements
- Greater delivery to budget and Improved forecasting